(Re)think the ressources
The Belgian representation at the 18th Venice Biennale of Architecture will focus on the exploration of the architectural practice's new relationship with resources. The national pavilion will be invested by Bento and Vinciane Despret who will question in In Vivo our system of extractivist production by identifying and developing alternatives of construction from materials from the living. Their installation will experiment on a large scale with natural and living materials, including raw earth and mycelium - the vegetative part of mushrooms.
The pavilion will also be the site of specific events allowing the curators to broaden their approach. Among these, the talk (Re)think the ressources will aim to put a diversity of architects in dialogue on these issues, including the curators of France, Luxembourg and Canada's pavilions, but also points of view and practices listed in the book Wallonia-B Architectures Wallonia-Brussels. Inventories #4 2020-2023. Towards a regenerative approach to architecture.
This discussion will take place on May 5th at the Belgian Pavilion from 3pm to 4pm.
- Bento (Curators of the Belgian pavilion)
- Bernard Wittevrongel andChristophe Catsaros (editorial committees representatives of Wallonia-Brussels Architectures.Inventories #4 2020-2023. Towards a regenerative approach to architecture)
- Gilles Delalex (Studio Muoto, Curator of the French pavilion)
- Francelle Cane and MarijaMarić (Curators of the Luxembourg pavilion)
- Danny Pearl (Loeuf, Curator of the Canadian pavilion)
Animated by Audrey Contesse (director, Cultural Institute of Architecture Wallonia-Brussels)
In partnership with the Architecture Unit of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and Wallonia-Brussels Architectures.