Administrative Centre for the Province of Namur
- The building is the result of a public "Design and Build" tender procedure initiated by the Province of Namur. The purpose of this procedure was to bring together in the same building almost all the workplaces of the Province. This competition was won by Jan De Nul, contractor, and Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS, architects & engineers, based on a detailed preliminary design and a firm offer.[...]
The environmental objectives were set very high in the tender specifications.
- Inspired by the Province's remarkably ambitious brief, the intention to achieve an environmentally exemplary project guided the entire design and construction.[...]
This intention includes the goal of achieving BREEAM Outstanding certification, the highest degree on this scale.
Particular emphasis is placed on energy (NZEB), circularity, low environmental footprint materials, short-, medium- and long-term flexibility of use, and natural lighting.
The location of the building on the banks of the Sambre required special consideration of the risk of flooding. The site's enclosed location also required in-depth and comprehensive consideration of mobility.
Although green, the site did not initially have any specific biological value and it did offer a major opportunity to improve biodiversity.
MAPN is an unique project where sustainability is a heart of the whole concept.
A healthy and wellbeing environment has been created, which goes far beyond the BREEAM certification beginning with thoughtful choice of materials, natural ventilation and natural daylight provision, external spaces transformed with regards to the ecology enhancement and an outstanding energy saving strategy.
Moreover the modularity of this building goes beyond the “normal” project practice and ensure a replicability for the future assets.
- Offices (include mixed use)
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- Province de Namur
- Total budget
- Per square meters
- Bureau d'études Cerfontaine en sous-traitance de SAMYN and PARTNERS
- Special techniques
- Flow Transfer International en sous-traitance de SAMYN and PARTNERS
- BOPRO : conseiller BREEAM
- Cenaero : simulations dynamiques et micro-climats
- Jan De Nul (Entreprise générale - Design and Build)
- Matriciel : Physique du bâtiment et conseiller PEB
Rue Henri Bodart
Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS srl, architects & engineers