Home Repertory Synergy International MIMA
- design of the entrance, the shop and the restaurant of the MIMA (Millenium Iconoclast of Art)
- In an existing building, with a strong patrimonial interest related to the brewery history, in a emblematic situation along the canal of Brussel, The Millennium Iconoclast Museum of Art took his place. The MIMA has the ambition to present the most significant art of its time, and explores a history of culture 2.0. The architectural challenge aimed to design the entrance, the restaurant and the shop.[...]
We looked at a natural design to serve the existing structure and the function. The project established a dialog between the building, his new function and some strong object as the chairs designed by J. Prouvé. The bar counter starts with a very heavy concrete structure to end up in a lighter wall made of wood and metal.
Even though making of the project was very short in time, 4 months from the first contacts with MIMA’s team. We managed to design relevant furnitures like the wall shelves and the tables and to make it by “RECYCLART”, an association envolved in a social economy. The collaboration proved to be totally efficient and sustainable.
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- mazerin C2C2013-2014–2015Genval
- Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth2012-2014–2015Waterloo
- HoA-REC Horn of Africa - C2C2008-2010–2012Addis abeba