Home Repertory acmia - atelier d'architecture Transformation in Esneux
Transformation in Esneux
- An existing house located at the back of the field, with a breathtaking view on the front facade : here are the particularities of this site, which served as a guide during the design of this audacious project.
- The main ingredients are :[...]
- a terrace and living rooms to the south, benefiting from the last sun rays and a bird's eye view,
- a compact volumetry with double height opening for the living room allowing real communication between the 2 levels
- framed views of the landscape in the rooms
The existing volume being too small for the needs of the family, the project provides an extension at the front of the house and an additional staircase on the side, allowing easier access between the different levels. The extensions thus created form a covered space in front of the entrance area and a covered terrace.
The facades of the existing part are completely enveloped in order to recreate a coherent overall composition.
The 4-sided roof is replaced by a flat roof, with several advantages : lightening of the volumes allowing the sober integration of the necessary extensions, technical and economic simplifications, aesthetic suitability on a sloping ground.
- Private houses
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- Bureau d’études Cerfontaine
- Special techniques
acmia - atelier d'architecture