20 residence studios
2 rehearsal studios ;
2 class and concerts rooms;
1 " Artists Village " for receptions and operation of the school;
1 common room for residents ;
1 kitchen with a capacity of 150 seats .
The extension of the "Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth" stretches into a monolith of nearly one hundred meters underlining the identity of the place.
So, it stands just behind the existing building designed in 1939 by Yvan Renchon, like a backdrop for this classified heritage while doubling its functional capacity.
The architectural expression plays with glass and stone like a set piece reflecting the natural landscape as well ass the existing installations.
The project proposes 20 housing studios, of which 13 are organised into duplex in order to give the necessary magnitude to music and 3 rehearsal studios. The largest has a capacity of 250 places with a mezzanine.
The acoustics of each of these housing and music studios has been particularly studied for a perfect soundproofing, following the principle of "a box in the box".
The largest studio features a set of sliding and pivoting panels to adapt its acoustical characteristics to each music form of presentations (solo, quartets or small ensemble)
A set of public and private meeting places as well as professional reception facilities are completing this private based cultural equipment for the music lovers.