SNCDA: Exhibition and discussion in Frankfurt
For the twelfth time, the architecture magazine Bauwelt has awarded the Bauwelt prize ‘Das erste Hause’, this year – in collaboration with the German Architecture Museum DAM and the company Kingspan. The jury selected six initial works by young architects from the 130 entries.
On Friday 24 March 2023, at 1:30 pm, the six winning teams will present at DAM Ostend and talk to Jan Friedrich, deputy editor-in-chief of Bauwelt, about the challenges of implementing the first construction tasks, the possibilities and pitfalls of being self-employed, the social relevance of their profession and the satisfaction of having completed the first project themselves.
The event is open to the public.
The awards ceremony will take place on 24 March at 7 pm, also at DAM Ostend. Peter Cachola Schmal, DAM director, and Boris Schade-Bünsow, Bauwelt editor-in-chief, will award the prizes and inaugurate the accompanying exhibition.
The prizes are being awarded to:
- studio SER, Lugano/Zurich: urban planning work in the Monte neighbourhood of the Castel San Pietro municipality in Tessin, Switzerland
- Studio SNCDA, Brussels/Luxembourg: Fire station with integrated multi-purpose room and emergency apartment in Dilbeek, Belgium
- Meier Unger, Leipzig: ‘Stöckli’ (retirement home) in Selzach, Switzerland
- Maximilian Hartinger, Munich/Berlin: Henhouse built from recycled construction materials in Schönberg, Germany
- c/o now, Berlin: Independent house or villa in Schmergrow, Germany
- ANA, Munich: Conversion of a viaduct arch into a bike shop in Innsbruck, Austria