Home News And the architecture nominees are...
And the architecture nominees are...Awarded every two years by the European Commission and the Mies van der Rohe Foundation, the Mies van der Rohe Prize rewards the best in contemporary European architectural production. Among the 449 projects from 279 cities in 41 countries selected to compete for the 2022 edition, the jury selected 18 Belgian constructions.
- iMAL, art centre dedicated to digital cultures and technologies located in Brussels and realised by the CENTRAL OFFICE FOR ARCHITECTURE AND URBANISM in collaboration with NP2F
- Cime conductive, a secondary school for young people with type 4 disabilities, located in Brussels and built by office A229
- Ursulinen, school located in Mechelen and realised by the Label bureau
- Mexico City, residential building and local park as part of a neighbourhood contract, located in Brussels and carried out by the Vers.A office
- The Trinkhall, a museum located in Liège and designed by the Beguin-Massart office
- The Leietheater located in Deinze and designed by V+ architects in association with TRANS architectuur. With the collaboration of Ney & Partners.
- The K-Tower in Kortrijk by Philippe Samyn & Partners
In addition to this, there are 3 projects built in Belgium by international architects. The complete list here.Organised by the European Commission and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe, the Mies van der Rohe Award rewards every two years the best contemporary architectural projects mainly located in Europe. Nominees are nominated by independent experts, national architectural associations and the Advisory Committee of the Award.The current edition broadens its scope over time and will proclaim its winners in May 2022 due to the present circumstances.
- The Brussels Maritime Station designed by Neutelings Riedijk Architects. With the collaboration of Ney & Partners
- The Melopee School in Ghent, designed by Xaveer De Geyter Architects. With the collaboration of Ney & Partners
- The Province headquarters in Antwerp designed by Xaveer De Geyter Architects
- Winery VV by Vinetiq in Puurs by Vincent Van Duysen Architects
- Traction Stations Brabo 2 in Antwerpen by Van Belle & Medina
- The elementary school De Linde Zarren in Kortemark by FELT architecture & design
- Standaert site in Ghent by ae-architecten, carton123 architecten, murmuur architecten
- Warot Building in Herent by B-ILD Architects
- VKW Community Centre in Westrozebeke by URA Yves Malysse & Kiki Verbeeck
- The Cosmopolitan in Brussels by BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
- The public library Het Predikheren in Mechelen by Korteknie Stuhlmacher Architecten, Callebaut architecten, Bureau Bouwtechniek